Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Leaking left axle seal

  1. #1
    Inactive Member B18C's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope people still check this board. I have a leaking left axle seal and need to get it replaced. I've been told that the supercharger bracket is in the way of the axle. I was wondering if there is an easy way to change the axle seal or if I need to remove the bracket. Also how hard is it to remove the bracket? Do I have to remove the whole supercharger unit?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member B18C's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No body? Any insight would be appreciated.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BartmanMn-Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2003
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    haha, I just happened to pop in here for the first time in at least a year. I am not sure if you need to remove the bracket, however I do know that you definitely do not have to remove the supercharger to change axles.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    It is not necessary to remove the lower alternator bracket to remove the three bolts holding the mid-shaft in place... however, IF you are using the blower support bracket on your JRSC kit, then you must remove the lower bolt holding the bottom of the blower support bracket to the lower alternator bracket. This bolt is actually covering the access to one of the mid-shaft bolts, and thus must be removed first.

    Here is the bad news: IF you are using the original bolt for this location, it will be too long to remove without making contact with the mid-shaft. This means that you will actually have to remove the lower alternator bracket in order to ultimately reach the mid-shaft.

    Once you have done this, REPLACE the lower support bracket bolt with one that is about 1/2" long... this way if you ever have to get to the mid-shaft again, all you will have to do is remove this bolt.

    Good luck.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member B18C's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys!

    I don't check this board much anymore either it's too bad this used to be a good board. The board has changed a lot in the years sinces I first supercharged my teg. Nice to see Jim is still here to give out some great info.

    BTW, I need to get a hold of you Jim and get another alternator stepper pulley I think. I just changed my belts about 6 months ago and and alternator to crank belt is really worn and slipping all the time when I launch (or just start from a stop actually). You think the stepper pulley could be eating up my belts? I hope it's not my crank pulley. Either way I've had your stepper pulley for about 5 years now. Probably time for a change.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have plenty of them on the shelf... call me if you need another one.

    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •